Thursday, June 12, 2014

Ultraviolence

Share it Please
Sorry that I didn't get to write a piece a few days ago, had a lot going on. For those who don't know, the Playoffs are happening AND the World Cup started today. I enjoy both, so I have been watching the Playoff games at the bar every night (Go Spurs Go!). About to stream Brazil vs Croatia!

Anyways, Lana Del Rey's new album "leaked" (I guess you can say) out onto the web and it is haunting and down right awesome. Her angelic music that we knew so well from Born to Die/Paradise and her other unreleased tracks turned into more of a dark tune. Out of all the songs, Guns and Roses and Brooklyn Baby are my absolute favorite. I have yet to not like one of her songs, of course there are some that I do favor over others, but overall her music has always been likened by me. I still am waiting for the day that I am able to see her live, hopefully I'll get ACL tickets.

Any who, the job hunt has still been going on. Haven't had a shot at any really nice jobs yet, but the one for Nasty Gal seems to be calling my name. I finished reading #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso in a matter of 2 days because the book was that good. Ms. Amoruso isn't a woman that should or can be taken for granted. She is a strong, REAL independent woman who doesn't take shit from anyone. Her stories and advice really impacted me because I could/can relate to almost all the issues and struggles she dealt with. Working for Nasty Gal would be the perfect opportunity for me to have a better understanding of the fashion world and also a way to get away from everything I know. To be honest, I'm more then happy to be down to my last dollar away in another state than I would be if I was rich living with my parents. It sounds weird, but when I go home, I get treated like I am 16 again, curfews, lock downs, but don't worry, I don't have a bed time.

Ok brb, about to stream the game. BBRRRAAAAZZZILLLLLLLLL.

No comments:

Post a Comment