Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Jobs on jobs on jobs

Share it Please
Applying for jobs is a real drainer. I'm so washed out from clicking the apply button and writing cover letters. However, there has been good news!

1. I had an interview for a Marketing firm in San Antonio for an Entry Level Marketing/Sales position that can build up into management. I'm all for it, I don't really know what I want to do within marketing yet, so it may be a great experience for me. I may or may not have a second interview on Friday, so I'm crossing my fingers for it. I got a second interview for Thursday!! I'm pretty excited because this isn't some part time job, it's a REAL job. I'll update on this post on Thursday for what happens! :)
Update on this. It was a "sales job", so it technically wasn't a real job. One thing that frustrates me about companies now-a-days is that they throw titles around like nothing. An Account Manager, the job I applied for, isn't someone who goes out and does Retailing Sales at Walmart trying to get people to know you have good prices for Direct TV. An Account Manager is one who maintains the company's existing relationships with a client or group of clients, so that they will continue using the company for business (Yes I quoted this from Wikipedia, sue me). But I'm not fretting over this, I'm very happy that I got to go through the interview process and learn more about how to answer questions. Good experiences, bad jobs. :(

2. I have a phone interview for another Marketing firm, but it's in St Louis as an Account Manager. Lord knows that I'm going to fight for this job like no other. My goal is to get to Chicago, and St. Louis is pretty close (around 5 hours). Although I do know someone really well in St Louis, so it would be nice to have one friend there! I found a cute little apartment as well that is pretty cheap, around $850!! Hopefully, if I can land a second interview and an offer, I will earn around $45K, which I can at least survive off of until I move up. CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR THIS, because I will most likely take the offer if they give one to me.

Okay update on this job. So STL Executives is apparently a scam company and I'm not going to take any of their offers. However, I did find a couple of companies/advertising firms in Chicago, St. Louis, Michigan, and Boston that are entry level jobs such as Accounts Coordinator and Market Research, so I've applied to those! I'm more than qualified for those jobs, so hopefully one of the companies will look at me and like me!

3. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to not want to live in Texas anymore. As much as I love it here (I will always be a Texas gal at heart), I need to branch out to somewhere new. Like I tell everyone, "I'd rather be some what struggling somewhere else than live at home and be rich". Richness doesn't just come from money, it comes from experiences and from the people you meet. It's nice knowing that I have someone in St Louis that I know, but that's good enough for me. I don't need a million friends in a city to be happy, I'm quiet content being on my own. After rooming with Myra and Meisha, I don't think I could ever have roommates again, or ones that would understand me like them. But, I'm still hoping for a Chicago job, although it is more expensive than St Louis, it's the city I'm bound to live in. It's calling my name!!!!

But I will keep you all updated on the job search! And if I land one, you'll see an all CAPS post about it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment