Sunday, April 13, 2014

A haircut tale

Share it Please
Yeah, I look kind of weird and tired here, but I felt like I needed to write something. I got a haircut around a month and a half ago (a little longer than that) and the lady kind of butchered the layers in my hair. So a few weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to get bangs and get my layers fixed. So, I ended up getting straight cut bangs and everyone loved it (or that's what they said). They are pretty long now, so I had to move it over to a side bang. 

This morning I got a text from my friend's brother (he used her whatsapp to contact me, which is weird). And he told me that he didn't approve of the fact that I got my bangs cut like that and that men don't like straight cut bangs. The first thought that popped up in my head was, why would I care what a "man" thinks about my hair? Is my hair what defines me? Is my hair the real reason why men want to date me? If a "MAN" wanted to date me, the first thing he should look at is my personality and then maybe my looks. The men I like notice me for more than my looks and that's what I love about them. The thing is, a boy would care how my hair looks, a man would care who I am.

A haircut does not define you. It doesn't create a "new you" nor does it lift off heavy burdens. All your doing is cutting off keratin and dead skin cells. I know, it's so weird, but that's truly all your hair really is. Only you can determine what defines you, whether it is what you do with your life or how your live it. Everyone will define it differently.

But I guess that's my little rant for the day. Lately, I have been writing in a journal for all my thoughts that I can't put on here and it's felt absolutely wonderful. Writing has become a new passion for me and I hope in the future, I can pursue a career in it. Back to studying, graduation is so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment